Different kind of raw vegan mousses have been my easy go-to-desserts for a while now simply because they require minimal effort and time. I normally use just cashews for the base, but this time I added avocado as well, since I had few that were about to be over-ripe (=bad). And I really loved it!
Raw Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Handful of raw, unsalted cashews
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tbsp maca powder
1 tbsp your choice of sweetener (date paste, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, stevia, honey)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of vanilla powder
Raw cacao nibs to sprinkle on top
- Soak cashews 4 hrs-overnight in water. To quick-soak, pour boiling water on top of them, let soak for an hour.
- Blend in a high-speed blender with little bit of water to create smooth paste.
- Add avocado and the other ingredients.
- Add more water (or plant-based milk) to create consistency of your liking.
- Pour or scoop in to serving bowls.
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs.
- Serve. Enjoy. Love. Guilt-free.