Last weekend we had our Bay Area Beauty Detox potluck in a beautiful garden in Marin County. We all met through Kimberly Snyder’s Beauty Detox Foods group and decided to form our own little local meetup. For our latest hangout I made these simple raw vegan cheesecakes that were quick to make (although they should set in the freezer for 4-6 hrs) and have no refined sugars, flour or animal products.
This recipe makes about 12 mini cakes, depending how large or small you make them. I made the crust really big, but you can make it just a thin layer at the bottom and use more filling to make it look more like cheesecake. They keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Take out about 10 mins before serving although they taste great frozen as well.
If you don’t have time to soak the cashews for hours, quick soak them by pouring hot water over the cashews, let soak for an hour and drain.
Simple Raw Vegan Cheesecakes
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts (I use Trader Joe’s walnut pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked)
- 1 large lemon, juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup refrigerated full fat coconut milk or cream (use the hardened part)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Add walnuts to a food processor and blend into meal. Set aside.
- Next process the dates into sticky dough. Then add walnut meal back in and blend until it forms a dough-like consistency and sticks together.
- Grease a 12 slot muffin tin with coconut oil and scoop in 1 Tbsp of crust for each slot and press down with a back of a spoon. Place in the freezer.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins and freeze until hard (4-6 hours).
- Once set, remove by loosening them with a butter knife. I sprinkled raw cacao nibs on top, but you can use whatever you wish, for example this easy homemade caramel sauce or berries of any kind.