If you follow my daily musings on Instagram you may know that morning tea time is my favorite ritual. After having my lemon water, supplements and green smoothie, I boil a big pot of Yerba Mate mixed with something flavorful like raspberry tea and maybe tiny bit of local raw cinnamon honey (bought it at a street fair and it is so good!) or lemon juice.
It’s always fun to munch something small with tea and instead of my old favorites (Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Cookies!) I found this recipe for healthy cookies that basically has just 2 ingredients: bananas and rolled oats. What?!? Yes. I added few other things to the recipe because I like to get creative, but they are quite tasty still without any additions. What a perfect thing to eat with tea!
Two Ingredient Healthy Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup rolled oats ((2,5 dl))
- Preheat oven to 390 Fahrenheit (200 Celsius).
- Smash bananas with fork until mushy, add rolled oats and mix well.
- Add any optional extras you like and mix some more.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of the mixture on the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until nicely browned.
P.S. The base of this recipe is super simply, but you can always add whatever optional extras to make your cookies stand out. For example: cashews, walnuts, pecans, cinnamon, cardamon, vanilla, chocolate chips, sea salt, almond butter etc.