I love raw cakes! Besides being easy to make, and normally use only whole food ingredients, raw cakes can be great alternative to highly processed sugar-filled baked goods. I made this Blueberry and Chocolate Raw Cake one day when I was craving for sweets, but didn’t let myself to walk to Starbucks (our nearest store) to buy their sweets. Unlike their products, this cake has no processed sugars (sweetness comes from dates and maple syrup), no eggs, flour or dairy. And absolutely delicious!
Blueberry and Chocolate Raw Cake
- Pulse walnuts into powder in a food processor, add the dates and keep processing until it starts sticking together.
- Press into the bottom of a springform cake pan, or adjustable pan.
- Put in the refrigerator to settle while preparing the creme.
- Blend everything, except the blueberries, until smooth, thick and creamy. If too watery add more dates, coconut oil or nuts. If too thick add more water or maple syrup.
- Pour half the mixture onto your crust. Mix the rest of the filling with blueberries, blend well and pour on top of the cacao creme to layer.
- Let set overnight in the fridge (or for at least 10 hours).
- Decorate with walnuts, blueberries, cacao nibs or coconut flakes.