Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, and chopped
1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 cans vegetable broth (15 oz.) OR make your own (easy recipe)
1 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a large baking sheet add the chopped butternut squash and sweet potato. Drizzle with olive or coconut oil and toss the veggies to make sure they are all coated with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. In a large soup pot sauté the onion until tender. Add the garlic and cook for a minute.
3. Stir in the roasted veggies. Cook for few minutes.
4. Add in the vegetable broth, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir.
5. Let the soup cook for 20 minutes.
6. Puree the soup in a blender.
7. Serve hot.