1. Store your drink in a glass container with an airtight lid. Fill the container to the very top to prevent air from being trapped in the container as air will oxidize the nutrients in your smoothie (oxidizing degrades the nutrients in your smoothie, making it less nutritious). If I don’t have enough smoothie to fill it up to the top I’ll add water.
2. Seal your container tightly and store in the refrigerator.
Bonus: Add lemon juice to your smoothie or juice. The extra vitamin C will help prevent oxidation. Store for maximum of 48 hours.
1. Chop and measure smoothie ingredients according to your recipe and out them in a mason jar. Start with fruits adding leafy greens last. Don’t add liquid or any superfood or protein powders just yet, wait until you are ready to blend.
2. Place all ingredients in the mason jar
3. Label with name of recipe and date.
4. Store in freezer for up to 6 months.
When you are ready to blend:
Remove mason jar from freezer and pour ingredients into blender along with the desired liquid and powders. Give it a good blend and enjoy!