This spiced coffee cake came out so darn good! I love a good coffee cake, just like my mom makes, and found this recipe by Googling vegan spiced coffee cake. I of course altered it quite a bit as usual and this time successfully. It didn’t need the frosting, but since I had cashews and dark chocolate I decided to crown it with some more sweetness (recipe here).
Vegan Spiced Coffee Cake
4,5 dl flour
3 dl sugar
1,5 dl melted margarine (I replaced some of it with coconut oil)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
4 dl non-dairy yogurt (I used coconut milk yogurt)
1,5 tsp cardamon
2 tsp vanilla sugar
1,5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp clove
1,5 tsp ginger
- Set the oven to warm up to 175 C (350 Fahrenheit).
- Grease and flour the cake tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix together the melted margarine and yogurt.
- Add the dry ingredients in the yogurt-margarine blend and mix the dough evenly.
- Pour into baking dish and bake in preheated oven around 50 min.
“While we ourselves are the living graves of murdered beasts, how can we expect any ideal conditions on this earth? Animals are my friends…and I don’t eat my friends.”
George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950 (Winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature 1925)